January 27, 2014

Jewelry Storage





I was recently introduced to Stella & Dot and fell in love with pretty much everything they have to offer. Their merchandise reminds me a lot of j.crew in terms of it being feminine and somewhat preppy but it's very reasonably priced -- especially when you have a friend who shares her discount with you!

My jewelry collection is sparse to say the least. I tend to rotate between the same two necklaces and earrings but definitely was searching for a 'statement' necklace and a few other simple pieces that could be worn more often. I wasn't initially drawn towards S&D's pearl necklace but after trolling their instagram I was sold.

As my collection expands, I definitely need to update my jewelry storage situation. Right now I store it all on a jewelry 'tree' but there isn't that much room and it doesn't accommodate any of my longer necklaces.

I was searching around the web and found these that I really like:





one // two // three

Someday I want to pimp out our master bedroom closet and put in some awesome jewelry storage like Jenny from Little Green Notebook did in her Ikea Pax (third picture) but for now, I think I'll follow the tutorial by Emily Henderson and make those little jewelry blocks to put in my bathroom. As for stud earrings, I really like the thought of using something unconventional to store them like the egg holder in the second picture. Small bowls in a shallow drawer would also look cute and be more functional then my current solution i.e. leaving them wherever I take them off.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also trying to up my jewelry collection, and I definitely need a better place to store it, rather than just leaving it strewn about on top of my dresser. Love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete