December 16, 2013

Out of the Closet

I'm about a week late on this project but this time I'm blaming it on the weather and Mike being frugal with the heater (a quality I both love and loathe at the same time). Apparently it has to be above 50 F to paint so I waited until this weekend when it warmed up a bit. 

I'm so happy with the way the office nook turned out. I see a lot more CPA studying in my future now that I have a cozy place to focus.



The large mirror doors were relatively easy to remove (and if anyone can use them, let me know). After that it was just a matter of patching and painting the area where I pried off the wooden supports. Unfortunately, none of the six paint cans that were left by the previous owners matched the beige walls so I had to go on a hunt for the right color. Luckily the paint in the bathroom is the same as the rest of the house so I was able to get a code for the Kelly Moore color off that can even though the bathroom paint was a semi-gloss and I needed flat.

As usual, I did all the detailed work and Mike came in at the end with the roller. I guess if you measured in terms of surface area, Mike did the most painting but since he didn't use a tiny paint brush to make sure there was an even line where the chalkboard paint met the ceiling, I'm keeping the award.

Other than that, everything here is stuff we already had which makes this project a total of $25 for two quarts of paint. The only other thing this area needs is a rug to hide where the bottom rail of the closet used to be which will be a temporary fix until we rip out the carpet upstairs and replace it with hard wood in a couple of years.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! I saw your sister post your blog on fb and I am loving it. Your new office looks amazing! Congrats on your new townhome and upcoming wedding!
    http://lovebirdsonthego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete