September 18, 2013

A Rustic-Modern Dining Room

With a new house and new blog, I've been on the hunt for a perfect collage tool to aggregate all my favorite things in one place where I can see how the look together. After following a link in a comment on one of my favorite design blogs, I stumbled upon Polyvore -- a step up from pinterest in that it shows you items that you can actually buy. I realize that this site feeds off of consumerism, but i'm sick of falling in love with the perfect bookends only to realize that they are no longer for sale from Anthropology (and haven't been for two years). Unbeknownst to me, when I stumbled upon their site yesterday to make the perfect dining room, they had just barely launched the Home sector of their website.

Now with that un-paid promotion over, here is what I am thinking for our eat-in area which only measures about 10' x 3':


I have been in love with the Saarinen tulip table and Eames molded plastic chair for quite some time but those two items plus the Enzo Mari painting totals up to around $3k on their own. Although I have found art similar to the Enzo Mari painting, the pear (and it's counterpart "Uno La Mela") is the one thing I would splurge on. The pendant light is from Crate and Barrel and is on sale right now. We have a decent-looking fan in there right now but to be honest, I've never met a fan that I'm a fan of I like.

I'm curious to know what other people decide to save on and where they splurge. Also, should I just buy a knockoff of the table and chair (there's a million of them) or do I save my pennies for the real deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment